just another subwoofer thread...

Clarence

I am not a fan of passive radiators. i hate flutter.

For one thing, if done correctly, passive radiators do NOT "flutter".

plus, i am skeptical that a 10 inch sub can provide the sub-30hz extension my music demands.

I beg to differ, you can get an SVS PB10-NSD for $429 that has a 10" driver and has absolutely no problems at all hitting 18Hz loudly and cleanly. I know, I have one in the other room and it does just fine at high volumes. It easily shakes the walls.

If you desire a little more output and still reach down to 18Hz, then go with the SVS PB12-NSD for $599. It has a 12" driver.

If you desire a lot more output and loud clean bass down to about 15Hz and even reach to 12Hz with honors (depending on room and placement), go with the PB12-NSD/2 for $899. This is the upgraded version of the PB12-ISD/2 I used to have and is guaranteed to smash your skull in or knock your house off of its foundation.

And let me just say, do NOT underestimate these subs! Just because they have less power than most, they have larger enclosures which compensate and get you to that low bass without thousands of watts and heavy equalization.

BTW, the PB10-NSD will run circles around your current sub all day, not to mention what the 12" version can do!

I am not a fan of passive radiators. i hate flutter.

For one thing, if done correctly, passive radiators do NOT "flutter".

plus, i am skeptical that a 10 inch sub can provide the sub-30hz extension my music demands.

I beg to differ, you can get an SVS PB10-NSD for $429 that has a 10" driver and has absolutely no problems at all hitting 18Hz loudly and cleanly. I know, I have one in the other room and it does just fine at high volumes. It easily shakes the walls.

If you desire a little more output and still reach down to 18Hz, then go with the SVS PB12-NSD for $599. It has a 12" driver.

If you desire a lot more output and loud clean bass down to about 15Hz and even reach to 12Hz with honors (depending on room and placement), go with the PB12-NSD/2 for $899. This is the upgraded version of the PB12-ISD/2 I used to have and is guaranteed to smash your skull in or knock your house off of its foundation.

And let me just say, do NOT underestimate these subs! Just because they have less power than most, they have larger enclosures which compensate and get you to that low bass without thousands of watts and heavy equalization.

BTW, the PB10-NSD will run circles around your current sub all day, not to mention what the 12" version can do!

dang

• 2 weeks later...

OK, enough........Blackness send me your money, I'll suprise you with a sub, mumble a few words over you and this Audio Habit will be cast aside.......I thought you were square with the Subs now???ou amaze me ....thought you where going to Cornwalls? Then why bother with all this Sub stuff??? Your system......Your money.....U DA MAN.....[:D]