just another subwoofer thread...

Clarence

so I added a ksw12 to my h3 / nad 150wpc setup, and I desire more. after listening for the past 3 months, the ksw just cant keep up with the heresy's, and is not ver musical.

i have 500, plus the 200 I can flip the ksw for, to spend. what should I look for? I have no problem with used gear.

Clarence, I'd like to step forward and recommend the Velodyne DLS-5000R. 600 watts continuous/ 1000 watts dynamic. delivered from digitalcraze.com ?? for about $650. I've had several low-dollar Velodynes and this one seems credible for that kind of money. Used subwoofers from my experience tend to slam around in loosely packed boxes obliterating corners and grills. But, I don't have issues with that sort of thing ....... at all. Good luck.

A RSW 12 might do the job for you. Don't know what they are selling for though.

If you haven't already move this thread over to the subwoofer section you might get more responses.

Also it's Friday night everyones out doing things. Except me![8][pi]

TheEAR appears out of thin air! rejoyce subsonically challenged people! Sing the sub song...whatever [:$]

First the KSW12 is uncapable of doing justice to Heresy's.You need a real subwoofer,one capable of extension to at least an honnest 25hz and capable of quite an output,clean output. No boom,no nasty peaks.

In the new Klipsch subs the RT-10d would be a great choice,clean,goes quite deep and will match to perfection.The auto calibration is of the highest importance,as the sub will adjust so to speak to YOUR room acoustics.

You could also try the RSW10d,a more compact sub using the same woofer and one not two PR's.Quite capable a less capable below 30hz sub,very clean ...can punch and dig quite deep when placed in a corner or near one.

After I will be silent as the rest is non Klipsch... [;)]

Flutter with PR's? Never heard that one before. PR's have less distortion than ports in every aspect of performance (assuming both are properly implemented).

The Klipsch Synergy Sub-12 from Best Buy will smoke the old KSW-12, definetly something to consider in your price-range. Another alternative would be to build your own, either from a kit or an entirely independant design. I can think of a few DIY designs that would have more output than the heresies while also digging down to 20Hz and lower...

now that you bring it up...I forgot to comment that stereo subwoofage sounds oh so much better than a mono subwoofer - especially for music. It may be a slight compromise in terms of the modal response, but I feel the gains outweigh the compromise. Two Sub-12's would be a lot of fun.