Anyone using a Bulter 5150 "tube" amp for HT?

zork52

Hey guys. New here. Owned all kinds of Klipsch for 30 years. Nothing but Klipsch.

I'm "poor" but addicted. I also have Tinnitus in one ear so I don't really rock out as much as I used to. But love clean, clear, powerful sound.

Looking for some opinions on a few topics.............

Currently with K-horns ( front ) Kv-3 ( center ) and KG 3.2's for what is technically my side/rear due to living room layout.

I used to have a Parasound HCA amp which I really liked for HT. But being sentimental, I went out and got a Mac 7205, which unfortunately doesn't have the bottom end I'd like. All Mac was my first system MANY years ago.

I've been considering the new Para Classic ( don't like the looks of Halo ), Gemstone Blue Diamond, was looking at Earthquake, and then some guys on AVS were talking up the Butler Audio amp. I see someone talking up Brytson on here, but I heard you can cook eggs on it and they're very expensive.

I'm seriously considering the Butler, but hard to imagine it will give me the tight and powerful bottom end. They say it will. Some of these amps are mail only, so shipping can add up if trial period doesn't work out.

Next.

I have a glass and metal stand from Bush with a new Sammy DLP and I've got my KV-3 down below it. I've only got around 10 inches or so in height to put a center in there. Actually have to lift up glass top to put speaker in............I was just "checking out" the RC-64 Center channel which should open up sound from Center considerably...........It would fit and would kick ***. Big bucks. Any of you listen to it??.

I probably could have and should have bought a house with all the money I've spent on Hi-Fi. That makes me an idiot, but also an audiophile................