Who has Tang Band drivers for the AES club

DizRotus

$50.00 (free shipping) will get you several pairs of nearly new Tang Band and one pair of Pioneer full range drivers.[1] Thats about a third of the new cost from Parts Express, not counting the throw-ins. They should go to someone who has the time and inclination to put them into service. I have one pair of each of the following. The current Parts Express price for each speaker is indicated.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

TB 656S; $22.14 each

TB 616S; $18.99 each

TB 654 S; $18.99 each

PIONEER A11EC80-02F 4-1/2" <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />FULLRANGE $10.99 each

I would also throw in several pairs of Pioneer 10-1054LA/XCN full range drivers that Parts Express frequently sells for less than $1.00 each and a pair of small computer speakers of unknown make (they were a Parts Express special).

If you link to the thread regarding the experiment for which these were obtained, you will see that they acquitted themselves well in the Fostex designed rear-loaded enclosures. They would also work well in small vented enclosures.

Also, Im looking for a pair of K-55/Atlas PD-5VH drivers.

[1] See: Single Driver Rear Horn Experiments http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/548426.aspx

Michael,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Au Contraire, they are in the Parts Express Catalog. The Tang Band drivers are listed at: http://www.partsexpress.com/webpage.cfm?&DID=7&WebPage_ID=144&CFID=786096&CFTOKEN=34420933 , where you will also find a PDF of each drivers specs. The Pioneer driver is at: http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=290-010. For the throw-ins, youre on your own

The Fostex plans for the rear-loaded enclosure and a simple ported enclosure are included in the original thread that is linked above. But for you I will attach that PDF to this post.

You cant be serious. With your Klipsch Heritage refuge and your new responsibilities in Indy, why would you want to mess with these?

That's my dilemma too. No time and no space. I dont see where youre in any better shape on either front. Take a deep breath and let someone else play with these.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Any special plans for your birthday?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey Neil, did you ever manage to unload these speakers? Some of the guys in the AES club on campus were wanting to experiment with some arrays of fullrange drivers on open baffles. If the offer is still available I think we might be interested.

Mike,

They're still available, although Michael Colter expressed an interest earlier. However, based upon his question to you above, he seems willing to let you have them. Send me an email or PM and we can make the arrangements.

Yes Neil, if you could give those speakers to the AES that would probably be the best use of them ever! If Doc would drive up there and pick them up from you, he'd have an excuse to come down here and hang for a while and we could do a Heresy comparison and have some speaker fun.

I have some Jamo D830's here now that are SMOKIN!

And after this weekend there will be a special surprise in the garage....

Michael

Hey Neil, you got mail [E]

Colter...what are you doing next weekend? (like 10 days ish?) I talked to Trey the other night about swinging by to pick up my camera stand that I left in Hope and then shoot the proverbial chicken. I was thinking of swinging by your place too (how could I not when I'm in town?) It'll just be like old times if I got a pair of speakers with me - lol [;)] Jamo speakers? Perhaps it's about time I regain contact with the non klipsch brands, eh? Give me a call sometime - you didn't return my last message [:P]

• 5 weeks later...

Mike-

Have you had a chance to play with the drivers?

If Andy aka klipschguy sees this thread he'll be pleased to learn that I donated those drivers to you and your friends just as he donated the Radio Shack 40-1197s to me. The hobby moves forward. Enjoy them.

We just started playing with them last night - very cool stuff. I'm a bit swamped with exams for the next 2 weeks, but we should get back to the experimentation once the summer hits.

Thanks again for the nice gesture - I'm sure we're going to learn a lot in the process. [Y]

Mike-

Have you had a chance to play with the drivers?

If Andy aka klipschguy sees this thread he'll be pleased to learn that I donated those drivers to you and your friends just as he donated the Radio Shack 40-1197s to me. The hobby moves forward. Enjoy them.

Very nice gesture Neil! [Y]