DD works but DTS does not? help!!

b-man1

i finally picked up an optical cable for my denon 2802...hooked my DVD player up with it and popped in a DVD with both DD and DTS (Titan AE). i set the source input to "Auto" and then chose DD in the DVD setup menu. everything works perfectly. i then chose DTS...and get no sound! Frown.gif

the receiver defaults to "Analog" input and no sound is passed. if i cycle through DD/DTS/Surround sound options on the DVD all but the DTS works. ????

any ideas? the receiver doesn't seem to recognize the DTS signal (or is not getting one from the DVD player...but the DD works, so i must have the connection set up correctly?)

Frown.gif

Okay I have to ask this first

Does your DVD player support DTS

Does the Denon support DTS

If so check the DVD set up menu for some type of promp for DTS and that might be the missing link! My old Panasonic was the same way but after going over the DVD menu I was in business!

Hope this helps!

------------------

"FULLY LOADED"

J

sorry for not being more clear...here's more details:

panasonic dvd-rv30 (DTS/DD optical output supported)

denon 2802 (DTS/DD/DTS-ES/Dolby ProLogic2)

i have gone into the DVD setup menu and chosen the "DTS" output mode on both the Titan AE and Predator DVD's...but still get no sound. when the receiver is set to auto-detect the input source it detects the DD fine...but will not for the DTS. if i manually set the input to DTS i still get no sound. Frown.gif

i've read the manual for the receiver and it just says to set it to "Auto" and go from there. doh.

i know the denon has DTS decoding. but yea like JTS says either your not choosing DTS with the DVD player or it's not a DTS compatiable player.

which dvd player is it? w/ most you have to turn on the DTS in the player's set-up function. then on the dvd itself you have to choose DTS in something like the

languages or set-up selection.

also many older dvd players aren't DTS compatiable. if it doesn't say DTS on the players box (DTS logo) or somewhere on (DTS logo) or in it's manual, then it's probably not DTS compatiable.

------------------

My Home Systems Page

ok...i bow my head in disgrace... cwm6.gif

DTS was not enabled in the DVD player's setup menu...i'd never even gone into that menu before! haha

DD was enabled...just not DTS. strange it isn't just "on" anyway, but now it's working.

can you tell i'm new at this? hahaha

thanks for the quick replies! i just needed to show my ignorance to get it to work. woohoo!!! Smile.gif