How much for RB 61?

tommyboy

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a pair this past week from a Magnolia Home Theater Store (BestBuy) for $399.98. Ultimate Electronics was about $50.00 higher.

Overall I was very impressed with the sound quality for bookshelf speakers. They are not your traditional sized bookshelf units either. They are about 15 7/16" high. 15.4" is the actual height. Add the rubber feet and you're over 15 1/2".

There was a mis-understanding at the store regarding price. They "tried" to sell them to me for $399.98 EACH. That problem has been corrected.

I purchased the following. RB-61 / RC-52 / RS-42 / RW-12d - I know the sub is a little oversized, but with my Yamaha RX-V2700 and the combined crossover on the sub I will be able to trim it out nicely.

Enjoy them if you purhcase them. They are very nice speakers.

Phil

I purchased a pair this past week from a Magnolia Home Theater Store (BestBuy) for $399.98.  Ultimate Electronics was about $50.00 higher.

Overall I was very impressed with the sound quality for bookshelf speakers.  They are not your traditional sized bookshelf units either.  They are about 15 7/16" high.  15.4" is the actual height.  Add the rubber feet and you're over 15 1/2".

There was a mis-understanding at the store regarding price.  They "tried" to sell them to me for $399.98 EACH.  That problem has been corrected.

I purchased the following.  RB-61 / RC-52 / RS-42 / RW-12d  -  I know the sub is a little oversized, but with my Yamaha RX-V2700 and the combined crossover on the sub I will be able to trim it out nicely.

Enjoy them if you purhcase them.  They are very nice speakers.

Phil

Did you happen to compare the RB61 to the RB81? Since I will be using a sub, I am primarily interested in the midrange, imaging, staging etc. What are your thoughts. Thanks