Price check in rb-75's

dakayus

RB-75 in nice shape? $550-650 in a wood finish, probably less in black. I'm not up on the new R stuff, but I think the old 7 series have a better horn/driver, right?

If you're concerned about harshness, look upstream at your electronics.

The older 7 series had a larger compresssion driver, but the newer horn design is a better horn design and is smoother with lower distortion up top along with more extension. Thus, the RF-83's being smoother than the RF-7's even though they also use a smaller compression driver. RB-81's are a good sounding loudspeaker. I've set up several theaters using trios of them for LCR behind AT screens with great results.

The RB-81's do not compare to the RB-75's however. The RB-81's were replacements for the RB-35's, not the -75's. If you are looking for the -75's you are going to have to look for them specifically or stick with a downgrade in the -81's. Klipsch decided not to make a comparable bookshelf to the -75's in the reference series IV (Unlike the RF-7's being rplaced by the RF-83's).

oooh thanks catharsis, I actually just found one locally for $650 which I'll snag once I sell my RF-3's to my buddy. I'll be sad to see them go, but they just are too heavy to drag around plus I have a sub-12 so I no longer care about the secondary woofer. Ahh... I can't wait till I get it