Speaker matching advice please.

paulsen

I have a Denon 3802, Klipsch SW3 in wall, (I can use these front or rear), Hsu sub, and Klipsch SC-1 center. I can use bookshelf or in wall for fronts. I am setting this up for a 5.1 system (already prewired). My question is what should I buy for my other 2 speakers in the SW3 price range? Or a little $ above would be ok. Should I use the SW3 front or rear? Also what % of the speaker budget do you think should be allocated to fronts, subs, center, rears. Actually the last question is the one that I have had the most difficult time getting the answer to. Thanks in adance for your help.

al

This message has been edited by paulsen on 11-26-2001 at 03:03 PM

Still waiting for a reply. With all of the knowledge here I figured there would be lots of responses. Keeping in mind I know there are no right or wrong answers, just opinions. I am looking foward to a decent sound system. I am now using a 15 year old pair of JBL 80lt speakers and a 15 year old Harman Kardon amp that only runs on one chanell. Needs a little repair and then I will use it as an amp for my JBL's which will be in the ceiling of my covered deck outdoors. Getting those speakers up into the rafters to flush mount will be a 2 or 3 person job I think, but my neighbors will love me for my "sharing". So, fire away.

Thanks al

Hi Paulsen,

Welcome to the BB.

Both the sb3's or another pair of sw3 in-walls should do the trick. This will leave your system perfectly matched. I would go with the bookshelf speakers if you can get them into a good location (this also allows for tweaking by moving positions to find the "perfect placement"). If asthetics is what you're looking for then go with the in-walls, but once they're in place they tend to stay there.

Da' Hog.

------------------

LSU PAINTBALL- We'll cover you with our balls!

Paintball players do it 'till their balls break!

1 Pair KLF-30's

Sonic Frontiers SFL-1 Pre-amp

Carver TFM-45 Amp

Teac AD-4 CD Player

***Needed VPI HW Series Turntable*** Anybody Sellin'?