Klipsch RS-62 better than the RS-7s?

MojoX

Hi,

I am looking for surround speakers for my system (2 RF7s and RC-7). As the RS-62 seem to be better I think I will buy them instead of the RS-7s. Does anyon have experience using them and do you think they would fit in my system?

Thanks in advane,

MojoX

i have the exact same setup as you do. I went to the local Klipsch dealer and told them about wanting to get a pair of surrounds for my theater. I originally went in asking about the THX Ultra 2 surrounds (mainly because they have the black dust-caps) but the dealer said 'you know the RS62 would be a better fit for your system and has a better tweeter thats closer to the timbre of the RF7s, so that would be our recommendation. Well based on his recommendation (and i looked over the specs, and they all seemed similar), I went and got the RS62s. The only thing i've watched in my theater so far is Sunday Night Football with the Colts/Patriots last week and I was blown away by the performance of the speakers. They were very detailed and really gave me a great soundstage. I think they keep up very will with my RF7s/RC7. Of course I was upgrading from a pair of Bose 141s, which are next to nothing, so my opinion could be interpreted as not quite objective. But i'll tell you what i know and what i like: I know these are a very good match for MY setup (which is the same as yours) and I do NOT rergret my purchase. Far from it. If you get these, I doubt you'd be disappointed, if at all. Hope that helps.

If you do buy and mount it, be careful, they are deceptively heavy.

Yeah, i mean i havent watched any movies on it yet (i cant wait for HBO HDTV to show something worth watching on it) but as i said i watched football in 5.1 and the sound mix was really great. The speakers were subtle when they needed to and were sharp and pronounced when it called for. The surround speakers demand your attention, i found myself looking around the room at points becuase I started hearing things i'd never heard before. I was quite pleased at this misdirection. i'm gonna have to train myself not to do that. I also noticed that these have 2 woofers vs 1 woofer on the RS7, i'm sure that helps in dispersing even sound through the room. Again, color me satisfied.