Sub Placement

Fizzlemizzle

It is the idea that for years people would tell you to use the corner for better Bass,and then learning that isn't always the best option to corner it. It is what it is.....in the corner, not happy with sound,......move it up the wall out of corner,....that's better.....Easy thing to try, if sound doesn't work for you, switch it back...............Don't want a technical debate, all I'm saying, EAR was right about the corner, in my case......it is easy to check out yourself, it's free, and your ears are all you need.........................

You most certainly can put mains in the corners - and yes, you must toe them in to point at the listening position and keep the sound off the side walls. I'm not sure what the difference between 1 and 3 is, but I'd suggest going that route. As you move the mains away from the walls you start running into boundary cancellation issues - though many percieve these dips in the bass response as a "tighter" system. Nothing wrong if you prefer that flavor, but it's not accurate reproduction of the source material. You don't notice these boundary issues with the speakers in the corner properly toed-in because the directivity of the speaker narrows at the higher frequencies where it would normally be an issue - oh the beauty of horns.

But heck, changing speaker position is free so I would suggest you try every position and hear the differences for yourself.

Fizzlemizzle, sorry if I jacked your thread. Thanks guys for the replys. The only difference between 1 and 3 is the angle of the sub. The CF-4 is big enough to make sort of a false corner for the Sunfire sub. Therefore, I was wandering if angling the active and passive drivers on the sub tword the wall and CF-4 would improve anything sound wise. I am only a plug and play type person. I do not own or know how to use a meter, and the cancellation issues are way over my head. That is why I was hoping someone had explored somewhat the same placement options.

The point is it is all about the perception,what you hear at listening position.And speakers placed in corners,most of the time will be bassy and sound like a dumpster canister.

Try RF7's,RF83's...anything not designed to be corner loaded like the K-Horn,not a good place to leave speakers.