Requesting System review, change recommendations

kelendral

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V2700

Here are the speakers I am planning on purchasing based on my current budget. I might be able to squeeze a little more but was wondering if overall this is a good match setup

Center: RC52

Mains: RF62

Presence: RB51

Surrounds: RS42

Surround Back: RB51

Subwoofer: RW10

Basically it would be (extremely rough approximation):

RB51

RB51

RF62

RC52

RF62

RS42

RS42

RB51

RB51

RW10 would be in one of the corners near the front.

You have 9 channels of speakers there, not counting the sub. I think the Yamaha has only 7 channels of amplification and either allows the amps past number 5 to serve as:

6&7 of surround system

-or-

front presence speakers

-or-

L&R of zone 2

At least that's the way it is on my 2 year old RXV2400.

So you might review that, it appears to me that you have two too many speakers there. What is the size of your listening room and music/movie habits?

The reason I ask is that if you listen to a LOT of 2channel stereo music, perhaps larger mains would be good. Also, if your room is smallish, you might be better served by using your budget on 5 larger speakers rather than go the 7 channel route- I know a lot of guys who are simplifying like this.

Write back and we'll sort it out with ya. Thanks for planning on using Klipsch Reference though. You're sure to be pleased with any setup!

Michael

I do not know about the RB-51's vs the RC model speakers. I would think the front effects would work better with the RC models though.

I have the Yamaha RX-Z1 and did not find the front effect, effective!

You may be better off putting the money you can save on eleminating the front effects on either another RW-10, Add to your mains and upgrade[:D], or just save it!