Inexpensive Amplifier "stands"

frankphess

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=12&langId=-1&productId=11140

Above is a link to a "side table" sold by Ikea. I ordered 2 to use as amp stands. I disgarded the legs in favor of some spikes and now use them for my amps to rest on. They are not solid wood, but do appear to be, yet they are plenty sturdy. At $12.99, you can't go wrong. The underside has threaded holes which appear to accept different size threads, as the spikes I used were the same size that fit the feet of RF-7's, yet the screws provided with the legs for the table seemed to be a larger/wider thread. The table also comes in various colors.[:)]

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to see pictures, I am unable to attach pictures here for some reason.

frank.p.hess@sargentlundy.com

A few weeks ago the wife and I were in Chicago and discovered Ikea, what a cool store. They have all kinds of furniture for the home and it is set up well on display. Neat place to visit if you get a chance. Sure it's made from MDF/particle board but it seems to be the wave of the future and they have come a long way with quality.