Can I build a good cabinet for a single JL 13W7?

lorcoll

Because of the high shipping costs to Italy, I would know if I can build a good cabinet for a single JL 13W7 that I can buy from ebay: http://cgi.ebay.it/JL-Audio-13W7-13-5-Subwoofer-HUGE-W7-HIGH-END-SUB-2004_W0QQitemZ250049786416QQihZ015QQcategoryZ18805QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Who have a good plan? And what amp I have to use : can I use my DT-300 (RCM Akustik - Detonation)?

I would use it for the Khorn.

The Ear, I know you like the JL sub; can you help me?

Thanks.

Lorenzo

Yes you could build a solid cabinet made of MDF,braced well.Now The cabinet and the driver ...you would need a very high power amp.Like a Crown,with a solid 1000-1500W RMS into the load the VC presents to the amp.

Now how it would perform compared to a f113? Probably close. You better contact JL Audio for pointers on the optimal cabinet and amp wattage for this driver.As the f113 uses a driver that is close yet not the same as the W7.

Maybe DrWho can model you a cabinet (sealed)for this driver,I do not have the modeling program installed on my PC...at work you know. One thing is sure,you need a powerful amp to really make this baby move in a sealed cabinet.