Sub Recommendation/Match

climbon

Anyone have thoughts on what sub to get for a Home Theater that matches well with the following:

I am looking to get into a sub to complete my system. I am thinking the KSW-10 or KSW-12, because it is from the same series (I think), and they are both pretty affordable. I want to keep it around $200, which seems possible if I buy used. I am currently running KSB 3.1 in the front, KSB 2.1 for surrounds and KSC-C1 for the center. Now that I have the LCD tv, I really want to complete the package with a nice sub! I power it with a Denon AVR-2801 (90 watts per/channel).

Do I have enough power for the 12"? Would I notice a big difference? The room is about 14' x 25' Also is it better to connect the sub through the LFE? (I need about 40' of cable)

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Do I have enough power for the 12"?

almost all subwoofers on the market (that I can think of) are powered subs (they have internal amplifiers to run their own drivers thus the "powering of the subwoofer is included in the price) this includes the KSW-10 and KSW-12. If you had to go with the KSW series go with the KSW-12 if possible. Bigger amplifier and cone surface will outdo the 10 by a fair distance. Although I have heard people complain about the KSW series, if you got either of the subs you would notice a definate difference in deep bass. Although there are many better subs on the market either sub from the KSW series will improve your current set up in leaps and bounds

Regards BrennyE

BrennyE - Wow, I'm really not as stupid as I sounded in that post! Do I have enough power....sorry. Thanks for not rubbing it in...

You might think, my first clue would be that I posted in "POWERED Subwoofers" Geez....

whew! I thought we were going to have to back up three giant steps for you! Congrats on your KSW purchase. I used a KSW12 with my Cornwalls for years and was quite happy. You have to have something for that LFE soundtrack. Enjoy!