Dwight Yoakam: Tomorrow's Sounds Today

jdm56

I just listened to this for about the fourth time, trying again to find some redeeming value, and the plain truth is...IT STILL SUCKS OUT LOUD!s>Texts> How in the world something that sounds this lousy is let out the door is beyond me. Does anyone ever actually listen to these masters before they're sent to the factory for cloning?

Now, I have been a pretty strong Dwight fan since his first CD back in...well, back in the mid eighties somewhere. In fact, I have nearly all of his releases and even on this one the writing and arranging are at least pretty good. But I just can't appreciate them too much, because the sound quality is so pathetic. No bass, no highs, flat, thin and two dimensional. Almost textbook "bad CD sound". In fact, it it so bad I have to wonder if there was some gross mistake made somewhere in the process. Geez, they should recall all these things if they all sound like this. Maybe my copy is just one out of a bad batch. I suppose I'll never know, though because most big record companies could not care less about quality sound or customer satisfaction.

I don't relish slamming anyones work, but foisting dreck like this on the public should not go uncriticized. Buyer beware!

------------------

JDMcCall

James, I often wondered if you could get anywhere by calling the number that is often listed on CD's if you think there is a quality control issue. I don't know if there's a number on DVD's. The number may be on the actual case. Just a thought maybe you have found a problem with this particular disc that they are not aware of. Perhaps it's worth a try. Dan

• 2 weeks later...

Marty65,

Thanks for the suggestion; I do intend to seek some kind of satisfaction, or at least, explanation, for the cruddy sound of this disc. But I suspect it will end up being traded in at the local Hastings...for something listenable.

------------------

JDMcCall