RB-81 owner

steve6

Hey, first-time Klipsch purchaser here. Got the RB-81's at a local home-theater emporium, and I have to say that I am amazingly impressed. Was expecting some harshness or screech in the highs, but these guys seem so incredibly smooth throughout the whole spectrum. And, man, they play loud, the biggest issue is taming them for low-level listening in small living room.

Using with the Outlaw RR 2150, lucky that I am to have it. And NAD 542 CD player along with NAD 33 table.

2 channel all the way.

It is a sweet little player. Love that clean, simple NAD look. And note that HDCD isn't a totally dead format yet .... discs can be had out there. Don't know, for instance, if you're interested in the Beach Boys, but all the "new" reissue stuff is in HDCD.

• 1 year later...

[:D]Hi guys, and Steve6

i also am an owner of the RB-81, and i have to say they sound likewise astounding, with my Tripath amp and tubed CD player, they simply are the best and i turned down making a pair of transmission line speakers, worth £700 in kit from. (comparable to £2000 speakers when made), to have these.

Fantastic and nice to hear somone else enjoyin these brill speakers[:D]