The italian Job...and Spiderman?

Joe Shmoe

So this weekend I was watching the Italian Job with my girlfriend. For those of you who are familiar with the movie you will have some idea, for those of you who did not see it yet, I would reccommend it to you. It is a really good remake of the original.

Ok, so I'm watching the movie and about maybe into two thirds of the film, or somewhere in the last part, they blow up the road, (where the armored truck falls through). My girlfriend after watching this scene (which I have saw probably three times) asks me... "why was Spiderman in the crowd?" Then It dawns on me as I'm thinking about her question.... yea, I thought I saw that also! I pick up the remote and go back to the scene and go through it frame by frame, and sure enough theres some dude, in plain sight fully dressed in a Spiderman suit!

This was pretty crazy... we sat there & wondered why that was there & my only explanation was that maybe The Italian Job came out just before Spiderman & it was a trick to get people thinking about going to see it when it cam out, kind of a subliminal type thing? Of course, I have not really done any research on the dates of release or even googled it yet...but I thought it to be strange & thought I would share ;)