Members Weekly Music Recommendations-Nov. 27

thebes

BURP.

That's my editorial comment on Thanksgiving.

Hope everybody had their fill.

Me I was lacking a certain something. Everybody was out shopping

and me with little cash and not knowing yet what everyboyd wanted for

Christmas.

Was coming hme from visiting a friend to help her fix here computer and

realize I'm right by Tower Records and their going out of business

sale. 65 bucks and 8 cd's later I'm in my car and trying out some

new tunes.

Haven't worked my way all the way through them yet but at least one's a keeper.

Format's simple: Name of artist or group, name of album, type of music

as best you can (rock, blues etc.), and recording format (cd, lp etc.)

As usual I'll start it off with:

Chicago Blues Reunion, "Buried Alive in the Blues", cd, blues, brother, jes tha blues.

I honestly don't know much about this thing, but it's kick-butt no

apologies live recording of blues done by some folks who have been

around awhile. Man it sounds sweet and it's the real deal.

Very highly recommended.

So what do have to share this week?

Hope everyone had a Good Thanksgiving..................Holiday season in full swing..............Running a little late with this, but here we go;

Just got this the other day..............Just came out I guess........I've written up his CD's on several occasions, now I have a DVD to write up, so let's get right to it;

LIVE FROM AUSTIN, TEXAS............MR. DELBERT McCLINTON...Live from Austin City Limits................Recorded 18 Dec. 1982........DVD..............

I was looking to get something a little more up to date, but in the end, this is a Fine place to begin this journey. It is no secret that Delbert over the past year has become one of my personal favorite artists. I remember reading about him way back in the 70's, but you know how it goes, another artist and you just can't buy everything on the market, so you kinda' forget about him, and lo and behold, 30 years later, you cross Delbert's path again, but this time it's different. Your looking for something new, or different to listen to, and Delbert fills the bill..............Gee, how did I miss this guy? Well, I don't miss him anymore, this guy is good. You name it, he can sing it, any style you can mention, he can sing it. This 15 song set covers a wide cross section of musical styles, and this is early in his career. I really like the music he is making today, but this is really a good starting point to follow his career. As Usual with Delbert, he is backed by a top notch, top shelf band of professionals musicians. Great Band, great songs, just a typical Austin City Limits show............first class. Boy, if this DVD doesn't put a smile on your face, you maybe to far gone to save. Trust me on this, I have been in the dumps for awhile now, and this set of music helped put a smile back on my face, and it will do the same for you. Better yet, if you know nothing about Delbert McClinton you'll be better off, get your hands on this video, give it a whirl, you just might like it, or you'll think I've lost my mind. I haven't lost my mind, yet.............workin' on it..............Do yourself a favor.....Get this disc............you won't be sorry...................15 Great songs....A full band waiting to Rock your World.........A man from Texas just waiting to introduce himself..................GO FOR IT................Your gonna' be suprised.............

I'm back down here again, my wife introduced me to something I guess we've had in the house for a couple years but I never noticed. She's funny how she keeps all the good stuff to herself. (Musicwise, of course.) [6]

It tis the season, so....

You sleigh Me! is the name of the disc, twelve songs by twelve Atlantic artists for the twelve days of Christmas. Atlantic Records. Christmas songs would be the genre.

This is probably not something to play for company over cocktails and horse ovaries (sic), but it's very nice to listen to. Right now I'm listening to track 10, White Christmas. Written by Irving Berlin, except if I didn't tell you, you'd hardly know it. James Carter blowing the snot out of a C Melody Tenor Sax (liner notes) and Steve Kirby strumming a mean Acoustic Bass. That's it. Two guys, and each have great solos.

Other artists include Mary Karlzen, Collective Soul, Tori Amos, Donna Lewis, Billy Pilgrim, Juliana Hatfield, Jill Sobule, (Who has a very intresting original song about the Christmas Holiday and all the family skeletons that some out once a year), Daniel Johnston, Dillon Fence, Victoria Williams and Everything But The Girl. Some very good music, well recorded, very non mainstream, yet still in the Christmas frame of mind.

Try it, you'll like it.

The Enhanced Package version of "The Beatles Love." Two disks -- one
CD and One DVD-Audio, that will play on all DVDs. Same song list on
each.

Finally, the real fifth Beatle, George Martin, gets his due. He
and his son took all the old original Beatles masters and cut together
a 70-plus minute program that really gives the 26 included songs a
fresh flavor. Sure you can sing along -- every note is sung by the Fab
Four - and the music is what you remember, but Martin cuts it together
in new ways -- like lifting the strings from "Good Night" and putting
them under Ringo singing "Octopus's Garden". What strikes me most
is how inventive those guys were and how gutsy they were to bring
sounds to Top 40 Radio that no one else was offering.

The DVD-Audio is pretty good. not gimmicky, with very clear,
crisp sound. Well engineered, as you would expect from George Martin. I
haven't listened to the CD yet, but I am sure it is as well made.
Drawbacks? Well, it does rework masterpieces of boomer culture. And
there are things Martin had to do to make it function as a soundtrack
for Cirque du Soleil.

But I am enoying it quite a bit.It's really hard not to have a good time listening along.

I'm back down here again,

my wife introduced me to something I guess we've had in the house for a

couple years but I never noticed. She's funny how she keeps all the

good stuff to herself. (Musicwise, of course.) [6]

It tis the season, so....

You sleigh Me! is the name of the disc, twelve

songs by twelve Atlantic artists for the twelve days of Christmas.

Atlantic Records. Christmas songs would be the genre.

This is probably not something to play for company over

cocktails and horse ovaries (sic), but it's very nice to listen to.

Right now I'm listening to track 10, White Christmas. Written by

Irving Berlin, except if I didn't tell you, you'd hardly know it. James

Carter blowing the snot out of a C Melody Tenor Sax (liner notes) and

Steve Kirby strumming a mean Acoustic Bass. That's it. Two guys, and

each have great solos.

Other artists include Mary Karlzen, Collective Soul, Tori Amos,

Donna Lewis, Billy Pilgrim, Juliana Hatfield, Jill Sobule, (Who has a

very intresting original song about the Christmas Holiday and all the

family skeletons that some out once a year), Daniel Johnston, Dillon

Fence, Victoria Williams and Everything But The Girl. Some very good

music, well recorded, very non mainstream, yet still in the Christmas

frame of mind.

Try it, you'll like it.

Sounds like

a very neat Christams album. Heard one a few years ago that was all

Blues players, tried a long time to track it down.

Oh yeah!!

it's Friday night.. Oh yeah.. and it's been a long hard week, but now it's Friday night, Oh yeah!!

You want to party, you want some FEEL GOOD Rock & Roll, you want to P_A_R_T_Y, you want some KICK A$$ music?!

OH YEAH!!

So I am here to tell you boys and girls, you could do a lot worse than a little Live Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers!! Y-E-A-H!!

Crack open a beer, maybe even more than one, crank up the volume, sit back and watch and listen to Tom Petty and his fabulous band play some excellent Rock&Roll!! Oh yeah!!

Oh yeah!!

She went down swingin!!!

Jammin!!!

BREAKDOWN!! GONNA BE ALRIGHT...

Mike Campbell is without a doubt the one of the top 5 rock & roll guitar player in the world today, and yes I include Clapton, Buddy Guy, Joe Walsh and a few others in that list. He's incredible.. but so isn't the rest of the band! The keyboardist, Benmont Tench is a genius. This band has been playing together so long, and they are so tight, and so loose all at the same time..

They are the definition of Friday Night Rock & Roll!

CAN YOU DIG IT!?

YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA TAKE HER WAY, WITH YOUR MONEY AND YOUR COCAINE.. SHE'S GONNA LISTEN TO HER HEART, IT'S GONNA TELL HER WHAT TO DO.. SHE MIGHT NEED A LOT OF LOVIN, BUT SHE DON'T NEED YOU!

LET'S THE POINT, ROLL ANOTHER JOINT, TURN THE RADIO LOUD, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS, YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS TO BE ME...ROLLLLL ANOTHER ONE.... SURE LIKE ANOTHER ONE...TIME FOR ANOTHER ONE..

OH YA, PLAY THAT ROCK & ROLL t.p.

She grewup in an indiana town, grew up tall, grew up right.. blew the boys away, she's more than they had seen... oh my my, oh hell yes, time to put on that party dress!

B00002ND7R.01._SS400_SCLZZZZZZZ_V1114777

Friday night, Rock & Roll

Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, High Grass Dogs, Live at the Fillmore 1999!

Regulation Motorcycle Music

Steve, it took me many years to appreciate Tom Petty and the Heartbeakers..............What a fine Rock Band they are......You are so right about Mike Campbell, what a Guitarist, perfect fit for Tom and the Boys.......That my friend is AMERICAN ROCK and ROLL.......common sense songs, very digestable music, great presentation, a nice laid back setting to display their music............what more can you want from a band?It's a great Video, by a great band....................."Let's get to the point"...........HIGH GRASS DOGS..................Rocks.......................

Hey OldBuck, I hop your feeling better!?

The TP and the Hearbreakers is just fabulous.. it's Friday night PARTY music for us old homies that ain't into no hip-hop or no techno.

You can start this show sitting down, but if you aren't tappin your toes two minutes into it, your dead.

Great music!! Great live performer, and Bo Diddley does a nice walk on too in Mona..

But the key to TP's band, after that nice rootsy folksie rock song style, is the incredible musician ship that backs it up. These guys are artist.

gotta' love The Heartbreakers!!

Steve, give that Delbert McClinton a try, if you like Tom, I know you'll like Delbert. Got Delbert and Bad Company from Amazon.com delivered to my front door for $26.00..........any order over $25. is shipped free.............can't beat it...........Was feelin' better but hurt my back, set me back a couple of weeks, stubborn old fart, I don't listen very well..............some things never change, even with age, I'll be fine, thanks for asking............