Klipsch speakers sound vs. others HT speakers?

Frak601

I am trying to determine what speaker I would like to put in my new HT room.......There are not alot of options in my area for going and listening to different speakers in store. I am considering the RF-62 Floorstanders, RC-62 Ccenter, RS-52 surrounds, and RW-12D Sub.....but I am wondering what "type" of sound the Klipsch has as compared to Boston Acoustics, Paradigm, Polk Audio, etc..........I have decided to power them with an Marantz SR7001 110W X 7 Receiver.....any thoughts on this receiver also is appreciated, I have never owned a Marantz, but my neighbor swears by his! I am new to this forum and HT in general, but am excited to get my room set up and appreciate the knowledge on this forum. Thanks for your help! By the way, my room is 23' X 13".

Honestly, you're in a bad situation. I would say you're gonna need to listen to them. Some people say that Klipsch is too "bright, or harsh" for them. Or that the horns are over whelming. Of course all of us don't think that, because we love Klipsch. Ask your local dealer if they would be allright with you "auditioning" them at home. Most of them don't mind. As for the receiver, I don't see how you could go wrong with a Marantz. Lots of forum members have Marantz gear, and absolutely love it. Good luck