Will this be a problem?

tom b. 57

On the back of the Scott 299D, where the speakers connect, there are three options. 4, 8 and 16 ohms. I hooked up to the 8 ohm connects and the right side played but the left side did not. So, I tested the 4 and 16 ohm connects on the left side and they work just fine. Is there any problem with running the right side off the 8 ohm connects and the left off the 4ohm? Will this create any adverse affects? I have been listening to the amp this way for a couple of hours checking for any difference in sound quality or level and there does not seem to be any difference. The thing sounds great through the Cornwalls or the Fortes and through all three pair at the same time, (73 Vertical Horn Cornwalls, 75 Cornwalls and Fortes). I am just concerned that this situation might lead to a problem of some sort. So far no sign of that.

Tom

There wouldn't be problem operationally - they're two seperate trannies and they don't really care what the other one is doing. Listen for a difference in the mid to low bass and see which you prefer - there'll be a difference. You might find you prefer the sound of the 4 ohm tap anyway with your speakers.