Klipsch Synergy Sub-10

vangelisgrrl

Hi all,

I just bought a brand new Klipsch Synergy Sub-10 woofer yesterday and a brand new Sony receiver. I hooked it up using the low-power instructions, using an RCA-type cord, going from the receiver's Pre-out left and right to the woofer's left and right line in. I'm not getting any sound. The blue light is on on the front, and I have the power switch set to on on the back. Any ideas?

Thanks,

vangelisgrrl

What is the model number of the receiver you bought? Does it have a seperate Subwoofer Preout? If so you may want to try to hook it up using that connection with the LFE Line In or Left input on the SUB 10. Did you tell the receiver that you have a subwoofer? There should be a setting in the setup of your receiver to turn this on or off. On the subwoofer what value do you have the lowpass dial set to? I believe you want to set that all the way up depending on the capabilities of your speakers for low bass. Hope that gets you started.

On black Friday I bought a Sub-10 at BestBuy. Yesterday (12/8/06) it stopped working. I could force the blue light to come on, but the sub would not make a sound. When I used the auto setting, after the requisite 15 minutes the red light would come on. I tried the auto and on settings and turned the volume all the way up. I was using the LFE input. I have a Pioneer 1015TX and it was not at fault. I hooked up an Infinity 8 inch sub and it worked fine. I made a quick trip to BestBuy and exchanged my Sub-10 for a new one. It works for now, but I am nervous.