What's the fastest way to "burn in" new stuff?

Olaf

Edster

Glad you asked!

I couldn't be more satisfied. It came last Friday and I've been enjoying it ever since. I'm sure there are better ones,but not at the price of the AH! Tjoeb.

I really didn't expect such a huge improvement over the mass market crap I've been listening to for the last 15 years. The number of atributes are tremendous.

The first thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's huge and it stays put. The sense of 'air' and 'depth' are incredible. The sound is very natural and musical with no grain or harshness. The bass is controlled with 'punch' and no boominess.The vocals are smooth without the 'fuzziness' with presence like I've never heard on anything I've owned. On some recordings the RF3s 'dissapear' into the music and you can't pick them out.

It's one fine little machine. Smile.gif As long as it keeps working I'll probably never buy another. The only thing I may do in the near future is try some tube tweaks. I forget who originally recommended the AH!. I'll have to find the thread and thank them.

I have to give credit to my RF3s and Arcam A75 too. With the three working in tandem, I'm extremly satisfied.

I used to be very skeptical of the 'break in' period but with the experiences I've had in the last 6 months,I now believe it. (especially with my rf3s)

As far as electrical components are concerned, ones that are printed on a PCB (printed circuit board), the burn-in is generally performed by the manufacturer to check whether the chemical etching process for removing the unused conductor(usually copper) was completed susccesfully. the burn-in process simply involves passing a current through, making sure that no connectors were etched too small to handle the current. This saves them from shipping out faulty components. The process of burning in lets the manufacturer find the "crib deaths". Meaning, finding the components that will die within hours of the first use. As I said, it is to the advantage of the manufacturer to burn-in their equipment before being distributed. Unless you are somewhat paranoid, or just want to take extra precautions, then you can still do the burn-in, though it is 99% un-necessary.