Something is wrong!

BobbyB99

Hello and happy holidays.

I own Klipsch 5.1 speakers and starting a few days ago I started hearing a static noise, off and on, from my speakers. I thought the problem is my sound card but that is not the case. I installed my old sound card and still have the problem. In fact, I have the same problem when no sound card is installed.

I have always taken of my speakers, meaning I have never fooled around with them. I have never blasted my pc's speakers either.

What might be the problem? I'm very nervous that my speakers just decided to die for no reason whatsoever.

I took the last poster's advice and posted in the 5.1 section. We will see if that does any good since I just read a few threads from owners having the same problem.

The hum happens on and off just from being on. The problem isn't my sound card and it's not any application I'm using. I'm very frustrated. At this moment I'm not in a position to buy new speakers.