Acoustical Lens on the K400/401?

m8o

...p.s. based on what I learned thanx in part to you all, I gave up the fight and let the other bidder who wanted it win the auction.... [li]

Yo were probally bidding against the seller.....
I know I wasn't. A little bit of research of past sales of the seller showed me the person I was bidding against won the matching horn for the lens a few days before; stole it with no other bidders on just one bid. I knew I was in for trouble once he showed up on the lens @ the end; I outbid him once and he gave it a day or two. After I saw two hi'r bids one after another, I knew after he just bid above me then raised his hi bid to some astronomical #, because he stole the horns for nothing so had money to play with. By then i'd given up from what I'd learned, so I just strategically put in a bid I kew would raise the price and make him pay, but wold not be high enough for me to become the hi bidder... I needed a bit of satisfaction. Yes, I can be a very tactical eBay'r, and on special occasions a sore loser [;)] ... [:@] I wanted those darn lenses!

how  is the "V" cut figured with regards to a particular lens? - can plate lens work reasonably well on rectangular aspect horns? - do they belong on beamy/short round-oval conical in the first place? (got SFW ovals - kinda like paragon) what are typical plate spacings and angle?

how is the "V" cut figured with regards to a particular lens? - can plate lens work reasonably well on rectangular aspect horns? - do they belong on beamy/short round-oval conical in the first place? (got SFW ovals - kinda like paragon) what are typical plate spacings and angle?

I dont' know how much more theory there is to be had then what is written in the PDF of my 1st post, and the early Lansing/JBL material linked to in my post (# 847428) on the bottom of the 1st page of this thread.