receiver suggestions for rf-82 system

ynot

i am almost ready to buy an rf-82 system (rf-82 rc-62 rs-52 rw-12d).i am looking for suggestions for a ht receiver with adequate quality power and hdmi connection.room size is about 29 ft. x 15 ft. with 8 ft. ceiling.fronts will be placed 10 ft. in from side walls,each next to door sized openings and 12 ft. from listening area.i would like to pay under $800.i have a sony sony std-r945 but am sure this system deserves better.any reccomendations?

Harman Kardon , Denon , & Pioneer Elite are popular choices around here. A few here really like Yamaha. It really is a personal taste. You might
consider used or refurbished for bang for buck. For starters try Audiogon , Onecall , Dakmart & Harmanaudio. As funds allow you can add separate amps for use with your avr or go full separates for best sound.

I have four RF82's and an RC62 which I am driving with a Yamaha RX-V659.  I couldn't be more pleased with the sound.  I notice no distortion up to and past the threshold of pain.  I seldom listen more than -20db which is very loud by my standards.  The efficiency of the Klipsch makes choice of receivers almost moot because most any modern receiver from $400 and up will operate well within the performance envelope of its amp section.  Differences in sonic signatures between most of the better receivers will not be significant, but rather a matter of subtlety and nuance.  The dynamic range of the Klipsch lends itself very well to both music and HT because it is capable of reproducing the dynamic range of the original signal due to its efficiency and resulting headroom.  The result is often startling realism.

What may be more of an issue is HDMI compatibility.  HDMI is already on its third iteration, and there can be some compatibilty issues between equipment.  A friend who does high end HT systems recommends the delay of the purchase of HDMI receivers as long as possible to allow the standardization process to stabilize.  You may wish to check the receivers you are considering at AVForum, in the appropriate thread for that brand, for potential compatibilty issues with the equipment complement you have or are considering. I just read a review of a Samsung LED RPTV in Home Theatre magazine where the reviewer had compatibility issues with a Toshiba HiDef player, but not with the Samsung player.

Most Hi Def TV's now have at least two HDMI inputs, so you can use a less costly receiver without HDMI switching and switch between HDMI sources at the TV.  A fiber connection from the TV back to the receiver handles the audio. You can use a programable remote to coordinate the various components.  This can be a lesser cost alternative than buying an HDMI receiver, and may be a better alternative for those who are happy with their existing amplification.  Also HDMI switches are available for those who need more than two HDMI sources.

Good luck.  

You will love your Klipsch set up.   

Two recommendations and a concern...

Marantz. The tonal balance works very well with Klipsch and they have very adequate power supplies. Harman Kardon is another that a lot of folks around here have had particularly good luck with.

The concern is for your subwoofer. That is a heck of a lot of cubic volume for an RW-12D. You will likely need to go to a second one or go up into an RT-12D to fill that volume.

I'm about to pick up the RF-82's and the RC-62, and maybe the RS-52's. I have a Pioneer Elite VSX-81TXV, 110 watts/channel, HDMI upconversion v1.2 (supports 1080p), handles high definition audio over HDMI. I can let you know how it sounds very soon. This receiver cost me $750.00, and has been perfect thus far.

It was the least expensive for the options I needed when I bought it about a month and a half ago.