Selling my KG4's--in MA

John in MA

I realize I don't have too many posts under my belt here, I hope it's all right for me to post these. My main system is no longer Klipsch so I spend most of my time elsewhere online.

Time to sell the KG4's I haven't been using lately. Wish I didn't have to, but with the new Polks and the huge McIntoshes I'm out of space. They work fine and sound pretty sweet--no Heresy-style screaming. Drivers are all good, passives are good but one has a couple of tears in the rubber surround. Some contact cement should cure that. Cabinets are walnut veneer. Good condition other than a couple chips around the bottom, a few scratches, and one has a few drink rings on top. A light sanding and oiling would really bring them back.

Asking $225 for the pair. Offers entertained, and trades seriously considered. Could use a preamp and a powerful power amp (I'd toss in more stuff for that). At the moment I'd rather not ship them, so local folks get priority. To be picked up near Boston.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Good price............would never sell mine for that price, but that's another story.............What do you power those Mac speakers with? Doesn't it take alot of watts to power them? Just curious...............always thought Mac speakers were watt eaters...........the KG4's aren't............

I'm not powering the Macs with anything, yet. Need to get some replacement tweeters. When it does come time to listen to them I'm going to see about getting a big 'ol amp. They are watt-eaters and the clipping from an underpowered system is probably what took out the tweets. The ML-2Cs are the size of dishwashers and weigh 150 pounds each--old school.

The KG4s were more directly replaced with a pair of Polk Monitor RTA-11ts.

• 2 weeks later...

Speakers are still available. Everyone broke from the holidays? Gotta relocate these, the house is getting a little tight with audio gear.

Yeah, you're telling ME!

Somebody snag these. great price on some very smooth sounding lil Klipsches from yesteryear! And NO FOAM surrounds to rot out!