Selling my KG4's--in MA

John in MA

• Moderators

Climbing over speakers to reach the front door time is rather close, too. Gotta stop buying audio gear--it's an illness.

Addiction...illness....it's all the same. Too bad you have to sell your Klipsch to make room for "other" stuff.[:(]

Oh well...hopefully your loss will be someone else's gain.[;)]

Good price...nice speakers.

BTW, welcome to the Forum, you don't know what you've been missing by not coming here before now.

OK here's my two cents.

I have owned 2 new KG-4s bought in 1989. I liked the sound so much that 5 months later I added two new Forte IIs and moved the KG-4s to the rear, elevated 2 feet.

The four speakers plus a sub have been giving me really full stereo sound ever since. In 2004 I added a McIntosh Integrated amp. with 200wpc. Boy did the sound get real clear and might I add "LOUD". So I feel good about both model Klipschs. Now I am upgrading to McIntosh power 7.1 and planning to move the KG-4s to the sides while adding 3 more Forte IIs if I can find mint condition walnut ones. That will give me 5 Forte IIs and 2 KG-4s. The MAC power will continue at 200wpc x 7 plus a new Dr. HSU HO Turbo sub giving me 2 subs.

This is the absolute limit my wife will tolerate. "No mas" she says. "House vibtates too much" she says. "Money all gone" she says.

Oh well. This system is pretty much approaching my dream system anyway. I have been a music listener for about 48 years and it is only in 1989 that I began trying to fulfill my audio dreams while I am still alive. It isn't as much fun when you are dead. .......and what am I saving my money for anyway?

Alright, maybe this was three cents worth. Sorry.

Climbing over speakers to reach the front door time is rather close, too. Gotta stop buying audio gear--it's an illness.

Addiction...illness....it's all the same. Too bad you have to sell your Klipsch to make room for "other" stuff.[:(]

BTW, welcome to the Forum, you don't know what you've been missing by not coming here before now.

I've actually been lurking here for two years. Good stuff, but I've moved away from Klipsch in my main rig--the lure of bigger speakers will do that. If I could find a set of Cornwalls or KLF-30s or something I'd be right back into it. Still use the KG3's downstairs in the basement bookshelf system, so I'm not leaving the family completely.

• Moderators

I've actually been lurking here for two years. Good stuff, but I've moved away from Klipsch in my main rig--the lure of bigger speakers will do that. If I could find a set of Cornwalls or KLF-30s or something I'd be right back into it. Still use the KG3's downstairs in the basement bookshelf system, so I'm not leaving the family completely.

Cornwalls rock, you wouldn't be sorry. In case you haven't done so already take a look at this http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/777100.aspx.

It's a record of the Cornwall III's we won in Hope during the 2006 Pilgramage being constructed.

And...maybe just maybe you can stick around and consider attending the 2007 Pilgramage in Indy this year.

Either way, good luck and I do hope you can find a pair of Cornwalls and remain a Klipsch fan!!!!

Thanks, but right now I have my hands full with big speakers. Just traded away my Ohm Walsh 4s, I'm trying to unload my Realistic Mach Ones too. We'll see how these McIntoshes work out and go from there if they don't. They're interesting speakers--180 degrees from the Klipsch ideals. Overdampened for control, electronically boosted to compensate, and require about as much power as you'd expect from a speaker made by a high-end amplifier company. The plus side is that they should be dead flat down to 20Hz, properly motivated of course. Cornwalls might be nice, or maybe Altec A7s, or Bozak Symphonies, Wharfedale E90s, etc.

My listening room actually is too small for ideal use of any big cabs, but I'm a sucker for large organ music. Willing to trade a little practicality for sound. When I first got them:

Posted Image