How my Heresy's got rear mounted...

Ki Choi

That didn't come out right...

Anyway, there was a post by a person who obtained a pair Belle Klipsches and inquiring about rear channel speakers but I couldn't locate the original post to respond so here's what I did:

I started out with a pair of '76 KBOW for fronts, a Belle Klipsch for center and a pair of '76 Heresy's for the rear. I believe the wall mount brackets were originally made for small TVs but worked out well for me.

Hope the photos appear in the post...

Ki

post-13547-13819318442008_thumb.jpg

Do you really like the sound of the Heresy placed that high off the floor???????????

Rear effect speakers are supposed to be off the floor so this is fine. I have taken an additional step and actually aimed my rear Heresy's into the corner to allow for a more diffused sound for the rear effects. I think it works out well.

Laters,

Jeff

IMO, the rear channels are still mostly sound effects even with discrete information from DVD-A and MCH SACD along with different versions of DDs and DTS'. I had no other choice but to mount the rear speakers high due to the location of equipment closet that was in the way of one of the Heresys. There's not much below 50-60Hz from the Heresys so the low pass point (and the Sony TA-E9000ES has a choice for the high position rear speakers) for the rear channels in the processor is set accordingly. Having the numerous subs in the corner, the Heresys are performing fine.

It would be interesting to point them to the corners but I couldn't wall mount them...then.

Oldbuckster -

I agree with you on the fronts. My 3 front Heresy's are firmly planted on the ground. They do sound best like this. My point was only for rear effect speakers for movies which my theater room is used for.

For SCAD or DVD-A multi-channel music all the speakers should be at the same level. In my main system, which I use for all my music listening, all five Cornwalls, except for the center, are all on the floor at the same height.

Laters,

Jeff