For Sale: McIntosh MA6900

Roc Rinaldi

• 1 month later...

Yep, the MA6900 reg list price runs about $5000.00 but our Mac dealer generally sells it for about $4200.00 to $4500.00 depending on your audio relationship with him. I purchased mine brand new for $4200.00 but as my luck would have it, I always have some sort of bad luck, mine had some problems and had to be returned to McIntosh, but McIntosh honor with a brand new replacement to solve the issues. McIntosh gave me excellent customer support via the McIntosh dealer.

First I heard of any MAC not delivered in perfect condition. It is comforting to know how well they support their products.

Don't you just love the MA6900. I can look at it while it is turned off and enjoy it's presence in the room. Even the model number makes me smile.

I really hated to trade mine in but I decided to switch from stereo to 7.1.

I've been stereo all of my life so this change is making me both nervous and poor.

BTW, I know of some MAC dealers that will give you a greater discount than you have been paying.

Yep, first time for anything I guess. It was listed on Audiogon forums that some got the problems I did, and it still happens from time to time but McIntosh takes care of the problem, lives up to their customer support with everyone I've read, including mine.

To be honest, yes i did love the build quality of the McIntosh and it's looks, it's what sold me on getting it. It is built like a tank, but to be honest and I'm not sure I should share this, I wasn't taken by the sound as I thought I would be for the price, yes it's there in the build quality but I had other equipment that I was more impressed with for the sound for less, but I've sinced learned that the McIntosh is more of an icon thing like Rolex is for watches. Don't get me wrong, it sounded great, but I had something else that went with my setup that I liked better. Sorry, don't mean to sound negative because the MA-6900 is still a fine tank gear. I do love the blue meters on it, and the looks. I sold mine after I had it for about six months. Just wasn't sure if I should say that. It is very hard to find the build quality of the McIntosh these days, search and you will find no one doing it like McIntosh!

I went from multi-channel to 2-channel only and still find 2-channel more pleasing than multi-channel even for HT. So see..... I'm different than the norm I guess! :) I'll only do 2-channel now. I think multi-channel is over-rated. Sorry again, there I go.

The McIntosh MA6900 has a very strong following, you won't have any problem selling that baby, except trying to part with it like I did, was hard to let it go because I did like the looks and hefty build quality.