Speaker Inputs on sub?

Smokem

A little more info would help, but I'll bite...

Subwoofer speaker inputs are for sending a LF signal to the sub!

If there are also outs:

I suspect that your sub has an internal crossover and will accommodate a stereo input which is then processed by the crossover and the high pass signal output to feed the L & R main speakers.

The exact path of the high pass signal after the crossover depends upon the topology of your other gear...

Maybe I am looking in the wrong spot, but I have been unable to find any detailed configuration information either on the Klipsch website or on the web. I hope it is simply a case of operator error (who? Meeeee!? ;-) ), but it is strange that such archival information would not be listed on Klipsch's website.

I have found reference to only to "speaker outs" on the unit, without additional details.

For lack of more detailed information, my assumption is that this allows for the internal crossover of the Subwoofer to accept a full range stereo output from the preamp and to then provide provide a low pass stereo signal to the subwoofer and a high pass stereo output to be fed back to a stereo amplifier in order to then feed the main L& R speakers (as mentioned in one of the original scenarios above).

Note: If on the other hand your receiver has an LFE out for the subwoofer, you would simply connect the pre amplifier LFE out to the subwoofer input and you would not use the subwoofer internal crossover nor the stereo outputs on the subwoofer.

On the other hand, maybe it was a trick question...