Help/Advice Needed

S.Cane

Hello,

I'm a noob here at the Klipsch forum, but joined up specifically to talk with all of you Klipsch owners. It's been a long, long time since I've owned any Klipsch speakers and as I'm upgrading my system, I decided to return back to Klipsch.

Here's the deal, which leads to my question. There's a place near me who still has a few pair of RF7's in stock. They also still have a few RC7's and RS7's. My problem though is I've been remodeling my theater room over the past six months and due to the way I have designed my theater, the RS7's aren't going to work. They're just too big.

So what I'm wonding is, can I use the RS62's and or the RB81's? Or will this not jive well with RF7's and RC7?

Sutter

I say they will all work together fine. Unlike 90% of most of the people here I have found that very high quality speakers can be used in a mixed system and it doesn't affect the sound. Speaker matching in very high quality speakers is less important to me then other more important issues. Such as having a big enough sub etc.

I don't have the trained ear necessary to detect subtle timbre differences between speakers. For example, I have a secondary theater room above the garage, with two 1985 Pioneer floorstanding speakers and a 2 year old cheap Pioneer center channel, and to me, it sounds terrific. From my research, the RC-7 and RS-7's are similar in construction to the new reference line, and I can't imagine there being any detectable matching problems. Of course, the best possible scenario is just to do an audition.

That said, how much money would you be saving on an RC-7 over an RC-52/62? And how much are you saving on your surrounds verses the RS-42/52's?

If you can't go with the RF-7's, then I would try to buy the new reference line, to make sure there are no matching problems whatsoever.

Thanks guys. Well the RC-7 will run me about $599 where as if were to go with the RS7's, they'd run me about the same as the RS52's, $698.

If worse comes to worse, I'll just forgo the 7 line/series all together and just put together a new system out of their current reference line.

Anybody else have any input, suggestions or advice? I figured this would be the best place to get a little help/advice, but that isn't appearing to be the case.

My theater room is 24 long, 13 wide and I orginally had my mind set on picking up a pair of RF-7s, RC-7, and RS-7s, for I know of a few places that still has these speakers in stock. My problem with that is that the RS-7s are too big for me to make work, due to the way I designed my theater room. By too big, I mean theyre simply too darn wide.

So..I'm now starting to wonder if it'd just be best to put together a new system built upon their new/current product line. I dont feel, of course then again I really dont know, but I dont feel I could mate the RF-7s and RC-7 with Klipsch new Reference line.

Any thoughts, advice, opinions or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again.

S.Cane, hello and welcome, this isn't a huge forum so sometimes it takes a few days to get answers. I own the REF IV series RF83 and RC62 with year old Mirage OM260 which are great speakers but very different from Klipsch, guess what? They sound fantastic. As long as you use good quality speakers and have them all setup correctly (balanced with an spl meter) you should get great results. However, I for one can attest to the friggin stunning sound the new Ref series are capable of producing.

Have fun and let us know what you get.

Welcome back to the madness.