K-55 - What should my Ohm Meter be Reading?

Good2BHome

It happens, you're expecting to see one thing, don't see it initially and skim the rest. Been there, done that.

Bob, that's a nice tool ya got there. I did a quick on line search, not that spendy and does stuff neither of my Flukes or my Snap-On meter will do, but I don't know how often I'd need to measure inductance, capacitance, what have you, I'm not in the business you are. I do like the looks of the leads though, they look industrial/tough, are they the BK needle leads? Also, do you have a preferred place to buy leads? I'm in need of a new set or two, but haven't been willing to spend the big bucks yet, been getting by splicing some old stuff together. It's car repair use, so they tend to get into some bad places, slammed into doors, caught in fan blades or belts, accidently on exhaust manifolds, etc. Hopefully you can steer me to a good source at a good price.

The leads you see on the B&K 885 are Kelvin leads.  They are four wire and the circuity inside the meter uses the 4 wires to calibrate all the lead resistance, inductance and capacitance out of its displayed readings.  Those leads were an option on the 885 meter and I think were about $75.00.  At the time I bought this rig, it was the least expensive meter I could find that could tell the real story on capacitors since it had the ability to measure ESR.  

As far as regular test leads for meters go, Haven't bought any an so long, that I can't say what is best now.  I used to be fond of the Pomona brand for that stuff years ago.  Don't know if they are still around and good now or not.

Bob Crites