cornwall an ht

ken kaz

• Moderators

Yes you would get bass down to the point of where your receiver's starts to send the signal to the sub 80, 100 Hz whatever your receiver does.

I have some, but not in a HT, I use them for 2CH. For Ht I use Forte ll's set to small, with the 100 Hz and below sent to the sub. Dr Who recommended try it that way and after switching back and forth with a DVD concert playing it sounded better set to small. With all of them set to large the bass was kind of muddy compared to small. It had a much better overall sound with all of them set to small and everything else going to the sub.

All Cornwall lll's would sound great, or mixed with the new Heresy. Because the new Heresy has the same mid and high frequency as the Cornwall lll, a perfect match .

The cornwalls sound amazing in an HT - especially if you can surround yourself with 7 of them [;)]

In an ideal situation for home theater, you should set them to small with an 80Hz crossover. If you're going to be doing a lot more HT than music listening, then you might considering saving yourself some money and go with the new Heresy III. They share the same squawker and tweeter and with the funds saved from the purchase you should be able to purchase some mighty subwoofage to compensate.

If you listen to a lot of music, then the decision becomes a bit more difficult. What kind of amplification are you running right now? How big is your room and what kind of music do you listen to? You know, all that pertinent info specific to your situation.

Am I right to assume that you're considering the purchase of some Cornwalls for your HT?

Dtel - how did you end up with a 100Hz crossover? Are you only running that custom cabinet looking subwoofer you built that is tucked into the front left corner of your HT? Just curious is all - good thing I'm not a cat.

• Moderators

DrWho the Yamaha I have, RXV 730 is at 100Hz I'm almost sure , and gives no other choices.

At first I ignored your advice and just left them to large. Then one day I was thinking ( that's scary enough ) that DrWho knows his stuff, let's try it.

Well after switching back and forth with a concert DVD playing, that Dr Who is not going to college for nothing he is correct again !

It does sound better set to small, it's hard to belive when looking at 6 Forte's that they should be set to small !

Actually the bass is much better and cleaner set to small, but not less bass just better, tighter. I would think that is too many speakers trying to produce bass in one 18' X '24' space from 6 different angles makes it tough to get a nice tight sound ?

I don't know the smart answer to this , but DrWho your the man, it works , that's all that matters !

One day I would like to see what you think of this diy sub, ( with the numbers ) or I may just make a new one in the future, or just a second one.

Check in sub, section please, Thanks DrWho.