Anyone want to trade?

I have a pair of industrial La Scalas, they are in good shape 1988 model, AL X-Overs, K55M, K77M, they have the factory painted black finish. Will trade for Chorus, Chorus II, Possibly Forte's, KLF30's. Please PM me or post your ideas. In Denver area, so some kind of local deal or someone willing to drive would probably be the only way to deal as I am trying to avoid the eBay hassle.

Dan

Very generous offer Lover-O[:)]

I too am wondering if you refer to the Indy models with the silver banding as opposed to the plastic skid/bump gards or club version as I call them since every pair I've ever seen like mine have been in dance clubs

I do like the silver banded models look very pro like they should be accompanying a band on stage[;)]

I'm sure it won't be long out here before you get pinged for a transaction[:D]

Photos and further description might help with a quick sale.

Are they the split 2-part cabinets, that are perfect for HT center speakers or toeing the horns in? Are they basic black paint or pro pebble-finish with rubber corner guards? As industrials they should be sporting the K43 woofers which would be heavier than the K33. Also if you can get at the crossover from the rear, can you identify the model?

Lots of guys here LOVE the LSI's for garage/back yard speakers. Give a little time, some of us are still digging out this week!

Michael

Hi Michael,

They are buried deep within the pile of audio gear in my basement, it used to be a matter of shuffling things around to get to anything but now I will need to have a buddy come over to help me get to them. As for the cabinets, they are not the split version, seems like they are the pebble finish you describe but without the corner guards, condition is good, just some paint rubbed off in a few areas, with the black paint it should be easy to match. The crossover is a type AL. Also, the difference in weight is greater than the woofer can account for, I think this version is double thick in a few spots most notably the bottom.

Also, why does you contact information at Klipsch not appear on your posts anymore?

loveroklipsch

hate to see something like this go to ebay....

Don't have any Chorus, Chorus II's, but have the klipsch parts to make a set.

Also have 2 pairs of oak Heresy's and 1 pair of walnut Hersey's, both factory finish and in great condition.  I was going to do 7.1 HT using heresy parts.

Your not exactly across the street from NYC...shipping would probally be a deal breaker.

Also have some real nice tube and ss gear on ebay right now and also posted in a thread on the forum.......the gear is selling fast...but I tried to offer it up at reduced prices here but got no takers....getting about 25% more on ebay than what I would have accepted here....guess it's the thought that counts.  

Industrials are great garage speakers.....nothing like cranking them while working on the car(s).

Take your time.

I've shipped LaScala's via UPS across the country a few times. One per box. It was painless for the sender. UPS will pick them up at your house. They just need to be boxed. The boxes are easy to obtain, are cheap, and will be shipped ot your door. Email me your zip and I'll check the rates for shipping.

In all cases the LaScala's were double boxed with foam padding between LaScala's and the first box as well as the first box and the second one. The worst that happened was two rice grain size dents that came out after I sprayed them with furniture polish and let them soak until the wood swelled back up.

Here's the link to items I'm selling...more to follow. There's some strong intrest in the Jolida pre-amp (probally will be sold shortly) ...so let me know if that is a front runner.

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/thread/867774.aspx