Attention : jtnfoley ,Klipschorn oppurtunity

markgod

Hey ,

I saw that you missed out on an oppurtunity for K-horns ,I know of a pair of 1990 Khorns in Brooklyn for $1400 - $1500 . Call me at 315-797-4053 if you are interested ,and I will put you in touch with the person who has them . It will make up for your missed oppurtunity.

Next in line is George from Conn. ,then Louie from Hudson Valley , then speakerfritz. To George and Louie ,I gave the seller your phone #'s . He is going to call George 1st , if that does not work out than , he will call Louie , if neither of you get them let me know ,and speakerfritz can have a chance at them.

Those are the ones , after talking to the guy and him wanting to get rid of them . I figured if you could go see them in person you could pay him what you thought they were worth . It is hard to tell from a picture , if you offered him $1100 -$1200 for a pair of 1990 and had to do a little work on them it might be worth it to someone . That is a call for each person to make on their own.

I would have loved to have known about the ebay lisitng. I would have contributed some good pricing feed back.

They are currently at 50 bucks on ebay with no reserve.

I'd bid up to 700 bucks for them.

Hard to make an offer if the seller thinks he can get 1500 to 2000 for them as his listing indicates.

Best bet with something like this is to just bid them off ebay. Maybe someone will get them for 500 bucks.

Sorry for not being able to post sooner, but was in the process of getting the shorthorn from <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Connecticut. Spoke with the seller of the Khorns, and as weve all said he wants 1500.00 and P/U from his home.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

At this moment I cant get back down to Brooklyn to take a look. Speakerfritz might be right, let Ebay determine the price, but for right now Im out of enough $$ to spend another 1500.00

Speakerfritz, thanks for the PE, I send you back one too.

markgod

I think the guy means well but is just confused. He probally lucked into these dirt cheap and knows a decent set is worth 1500 - 2000. Problem is he thinks his are a decent set.

It would help if he stopped "reserve fee avoidence" using the various excusses he comes up with to end the auction before he hits the 12 hour mark just be cause he does not see a good run on the bids. He sould jus tput a reserve on them.

He's going to piss off a crafty ebayer who will put up a 150 dollar bid up under ID one, and use ID two and ID three to get bids up to 2000. And finally, retract bids on ID two and ID three 13hrs, 59 minutes before auction end due to not being able to contact the seller. End result, seller won't be able to end the auction with out awarding to the highest bidder since he would have hit the 12hr mark.

Not to say that I would do such a thing...but i have had it doen to me.

Mark gave me this guys phone number, second to Foley who bowed out first. I talked with the guy and my take on this deal is that the guy found these somewhere for cheap or next to nothing. He's disassembled them, probably because like most Brooklynites, he couldn't transport them assembled. Now he found out that in GOOD and ASSEMBLED condition he could fetch 1500-2000. But the cabinets are ugly and in a condition that would need to be reconditioned and they're completely in pieces, probably so he could deliver if he finds a buyer in the 5 boroughs. He'll either off them on a sucker, or he'll wind up taking $750 from someone who's up for a project. That's what we've got here, a project. He's an asian with poor english, who's damn hard to understand on top of it all. I called Mark and passed on this pair so he could refer these on down the line. Instead, I soon found my way to a local pair of one owner Belle's in absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, pristine condition, original boxes and all. Patience pays off in the search for quality Klipsch Heritage. Did I say absolutely pristine? Add Belles to my profile!

" Instead, I soon found my way to a local pair of one owner Belle's in absolutely, absolutely, absolutely, pristine condition, original boxes and all."

Congrats on your new Belles.

yes, 500 - 750, max on those k-horns, assuming he will let the auction end.