some new front end equipment for my LS - Hooked up my New VTA70

NJbob

I completed my Dyna ST70 - VTA upgrade and will get to install it tonight. In the meantime I picked up a Empire 698 TT and ran it through my Fisher X-100,,,,,Kabam---what a combination. I bought the fisher last week and man can that amp drive those speakers. I was impressed with the preamp too (dead quiet) now i'm using the phono section and the adjustable magnetic gain on this thing just tunes in the TT to the amp....Next step some new 12ax7 for the phono section...

One of the best features of the Empire is, the suspension is on the platter and arm not the plinth, I can jump and crank up the system and I get no TT issues. Just phono bliss....(PS my other rig is a VPI MKIII with SAMA)

The fisher has all original caps and it sounds great. I was going to send it out to be restored but no need. I had to spend some time cleaning all the contact's but it was worth it. Best $180 I ever spent on audio. I'm going to build a cabinet for it this weekend

"One of the best features of the Empire is, the suspension is on the platter and arm not the plinth, I can jump and crank up the system and I get no TT issues. Just phono bliss....(PS my other rig is a VPI MKIII with SAMA)  "

Would love to hear what this sounds like.

I recently re-visited the TT scene after a 30 year absence and was dissapointed.   May have been the condition of the used records, or my TT gear.

Wow, did I say WOW. the I installed the VTA board in my ST70, I have a new amp. This tightened the bass, lifted the viel and gives the punch that amp was missing..I highly recomend that board for the ST70. I couldnt imagine ever needing any more power for the LS. This amp controls them like it owns them.