1st Version Epic CF-4's on Ebay in the Corfu NY area

marems

Wow, someone could end up with a nice set of speaks for $700.  I've got a set of cherry CF-4's made in late 95 that I've been pleased with since last summer.  This is a speaker you want to set up once and forget, due to the size and heft of them.  

I often wonder how the KLF-30's sound compared to them - care to comment?

Dale (in beautiful central WI) 

CHECK THESE OUT CAREFULLY, I'm not sure which CF models, but the CF woofers are no longer manufactured so when we're out, we're out. I believe at least one of the models is out of stock currently. You can call Parts to check, but please know the condition of these and be aware of the parts spares situation!

1st generation CF4s better than the newer?? How so??

The 1st generation had better voicing, vs. the later versions which the horn levels were increased. (more sizzle) The 1st had a heaver dampend woofer which gave the mids its magic, the 3rd versions have a lighter cone like what the KLF-30's use. So there went the magic. And the Tuning is lower in the 1st versions where as the 2nd and 3rd versions tuning were rasied. The 1st versions were designed to sound like an audiophile speaker,and have the effency of a Klipsch. which they truly do! You really don't see them pop up forsale to offen. Its well worth the purchase if one can find them. and like Colter said the woofers for the CF-4's are gone forever! I think you can still get the 3rd version woofers for the CF-3's though.

That's not too far from me. If someone here wants em, I might be able to do a pick up and hold or relay to help out. I've got an enclosed vehicle and know how to handle heavy stuff. Let me know if you need a hand.

I wouldn't mind hearing them. I saw these and thought about it for a moment, but have too many other responsibilities at the moment to spend the dough.