RC-52 vs. RC-62 for a 5.1 system

GatorBobby

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I guess I am spoiled. I need help choosing between the RB-51 and the RB-61 for my center channel. My additional cost is $133 for the RC-62. My argument for spending the extra money is better frequency response (power, size, not an issue) and that the center is supposedly the most important a home theator system. My argument against is that I am only gaining 10Hz. The rest of my system includes RB-51's up front, RSX-4's in back and the RSW-10 for my sub (no, not the -10D). The deal goes down Friday, so your fast reply is greatly appreciated!

-Bobby

Hi Bobby, Welcome to the forum.

I would suggest you get the RC62 if its in your budget. The center is by far and away the most crucial speaker in an HT setup. If you must get the 52 but I will tell you now, you get what you pay for and the 62 will blow your socks off, you will have no idea what you have or will be missing.

My whole Klipsch love affair started after auditioning the 62, bought it, set it up and sat there in awe listening and shaking my head. I have since bought the RF83 "flagship" floorstanders and just got the RC64 center...this stuff is that good.

Enjoy and let us know what you get!

Chris

• 1 month later...

Hey crazyhorse,

I was wondering if you still have that rc-62 available. Unfortunately I might have to go with the rc-52 because I can get it for $120 but would like the rc-62. If you still have it and would be willing to sell it for like $200 I would be very interested. Please email me at hansonsp@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Scott