Replaced CDP

jmorgan32

My new McIntosh did not live up to expectations-loud transport, lock ups, et. al. I finally gave up on McIntosh and got a new Marantz reference series SA-11S1. Unreal! The sound is incredible. With the filters I can tweak it depending on my mood for a more 'tubesque" sound, etc. This thing weighs a whopping 31 lbs and is built like a tank. I would be hard pressed to find a player under 5 grand that could outperform this wonderful unit. (In my opinion of course.)

ps..............I still believe in McInstosh for amps, and love mine. However, going for aesthetics did not work out for me. It is about the sound and performance!

Joe

MCD-201. On the McIntosh forum at Audio Karma I was not alone. There are at least 8-10 other members having all sorts of issues. Mc keeps issuing new "firmware upgrades" etc., but even if that stops the freezing up and skipping, a transport that can be heard spinning from 5 feet away is not acceptable for a 3300.00 player. My Marantz blows it away.