Opinions of Monitor Audio ASW 210

BigStew

Any folks out there demoed or have any experience with the Monitor Audio ASW 210. I know it has dual 10" speakers and that they (MA's) are known to be fast and musical. I currently have a KSW12, which has been fine for HT, but I don't think it keeps up very well with music, and it doesn't have that tight thumping bass (you know what I mean?). Anyway, I can get a good deal on a demo model ASW 210 since it is being discontinued and I was interested in some feedback.

TIA,

Chris

In know the Monitor Audio subs and speakers well.

The 210 will not go much deeper then the KSW12,where the large gap is ? The sub bass from the 210 is much more clean and hits harder,yes I would say the 210 is a faster sub.

It has this upper range PUNCH the KSW12 lacks(it gets BOOMY and MUDDY when cut too high).The 210 remains clean and simply adds impact(you will point the sub if cut too high stil).

Take a look and listen to the 212 its a twin 12" push pull design(a la M&K),very clean and has more output down low.The price may scare a few,gorgeous real wood finishes and solid 360W RMS amp drives this monster.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

OUPS

TV you are very right. cwm4.gif

The 212 is sealed,the second driver working in a sealed contraption.OUPS forgot this one.

So speaking of the 212 did you listen to it TV?I think its well built but lacks power(for such a large and heavy sub).If only it had 6 to 9dB more output at 25Hz.IF

TheEAR(s) Now theears