cinema 8 or cinema 10 or rf52 system? newbie here

psdevere

Hello,

I was hoping I could get some advice as to which system would be the best for me.

1) I only have about a $1500 - $2000 budget for everything including the receiver.
2) I will likely upgrade in a year or two so I want a good foundation that I can build upon.
3) I will use the system for movies and also music and my music tastes are very bass intensive.
4) Room size will be 12'-14' immediately, but a bit larger in the future.

I like the price of the quintet III to be honest, but feel that I will want to upgrade with reference products in the future so I do not want to have to scrap everything and start over. For example, I could buy cinema 8 today, then purchase floorstanding left/right in the future but still keep the rsx4 as surrounds. So I basically want some entry level reference products that can be modified/upgraded in the coming years.

Some combo's I was thinking about:
1) Cinema 8 but with rw-10d sub upgrade
2) Cinema 10 stock
3) Quintet III with Synergy 10 sub (cheap for now, get a completely new system in a few yrs)

I'm confused with a few things such as the low end frequency of the cinema 8 vs 10 satellites. The rsx5 has a bigger woofer but has the same 92Hz low as the rsx4. So what makes the rsx5 better than the rsx4?

If I'm mixing and matching speakers what is the most important? Woofer size? Power handling? Reference vs Synergy line?
For instance what is the difference between the RC10 and RCX4 for a center channel? Can you use either?

Finally, can you get these setups on sale at audio retailers or does everyone always charge the msrp on these speakers?
I've seen some online that are discounted but am worried about the shipping process....

Thanks in advance for any advice
Paul

Buy the highest performance speakers you choose to afford.

Then use your remaining budget to buy receiver and DVD as those will likely need upgrading in 2 years anyway

It will take longer to outgrow your speakers if you start with high quality.

The RF-52 system is a big step up from the RSX systems but also takes more space and $.

It sounds to me that you are putting together the same system I am. What type of system are you putting together 5.1 or 7.1? Because that makes a big differance in pricing. If you go with a 7.1 this will help. Purchase the RB-51, RS-42, RC-52 and RW-10d this will give you your 5.1 and sound pretty strong. This will be about the same price as the cinema 10. Then when you have extra cash purchase the RF-52 and make it a 7.1 by moving the RB-52 in the back. This is awsome sound for the size room you have. It will also shake house I personnally like the RW-10d for bassy music. As for your receiver Denon is good receiver not at the top of my list( yammie RV-X2700) but the denon AVR-2807. The price of the 5.1 system is about $2500 a little over but you won't be dissatisfied. Don't buy on line the warranties are voided. The trick is when you decide on what you want to buy go check it out at the store make friends with a sales rep. don't buy keep going back once a weekfor awhile listening to same stuff over and over again and talk to the same guy all the time and keep saying you still saving money to buy your set up. Soon enough he will ask how you have saved and you tell him a low number. Then he says let me talk to my boss they always come back with a price any between 10-20% then you can save off of pitty. It's said but true. And it works a long process but works. Then you hit budget.

Always buy refrence.