RF52 or RF62 from my old omnisat v2 fs ?? help needed from everyone

co56

Hi

I´m about to sell my omnisats v2 fs and cc to buy new speakers that can deliver more bass after that I¨ve had problems with my neighbours because of my subwoofer, so I had to sel it and now i don´t have the nice bass anymore while i´m watching movies.

So my questions to you guys are

1. what kind of improvments can I expect with either RF52 or RF62 compared to my omnisats v2 fs ?

1.1 whats the Characteristic of the klipsch rf52 compared to the Characteristic of the omnisat v2 fs

2. how big is the diffrent beween rf52 and rf62 in the sound ? my livingroom is btw about 20m2.

3. do you guys think that the combination of rf62 and rc52 will work nice or will it sound weird ?

My problem now is that I´m a student and can´t get the rf62 and rc62 this month so the only options are

rf52 with rc52 or rc62

or

rf62 with rc52

Thankful for any kind of help. if you don´t know so much aout the omnisats please answer about the klipsch part of the question because I´m in need of diffrent oppinions.

Hi,

I have a pair of RF52s. I love them but they are not perfect. They are very good value. I paid US$540. I don't know about the other speakers but I can tell you quite a lot about the RF52.

They are built to a price - you can have a look inside the bass reflex tube and see it is not a one-piece moulding but three pieces which might not have been put together perfectly so have a look. The drivers are great but the crossover is quite cheap - cheap attenuating resistor for the tweeter, iron-core inductor for the bass and only moderate quality caps. Overall, they lack vocal warmth (I think to avoid resonances in that range), they have a slightly over-bright upper midrange which combined with the slightly muted lower midrange makes female voices sound clear but lacking depth. Ella Fitzgerald etc are a good test for this I think. For me, the high end treble is too recessed. I have no complaints about the bass - it is deep, responsive and satisfying but this will depend a lot on your amp (they are effectively a 4 ohm load) and your room. You may find they have a few over-strong notes and other more muted ones. Massive Attack albums are a good test for this I think.

People will dismiss 5.25" drivers out of hand in favor of 6.25" ones formany valid reasons but you should listen to them if you can. Smaller drives don't suffer from resonance break up as much as larger ones and have faster transient response; and music is all about transients. I would not buy a speaker with 8" drives unless they were in a three-way system.

Certainly, the best advice is to listen and choose but failing that, go for the RF62 if they are not too expensive. I listened and decided to save my money and get the RF52 because I could get a good price on them and I have a small-ish room (6metres by 4metres). I have bi-amped them and so upgrading the crossover was not an issue for me.

Enjoy the choice and take your time eh ?

Tom

If you need bass, the RF62 will offer more and will sound better all around. The RC62 is a superb center and again has very good amounts off bass which will help you out in movies.

If possible, why not buy the mains now and get the RC62 when funds allow. In any case, speakers are the foundation of a good sound system and I would not cheap out in this area if at all possible.

Regards, Chris.

I completely agree with the above, but would add that while the bass response for both 62 and 52 is similar in most 'small' rooms, the 62 will go 'louder' because, simply, they can move more air. However, it seems complaints from the neighbours was your problem in the first place. Me too. I get scowled at. The 62s are definitely better made and have a better overall sound quality, so if you can, get them. I would love to get a pair and move my 52s to the rear one day.

Anyway, you are totally on the right track choosing Klipsch. It will never be a decision you'll regret.

Cheers,

Thanks for the info, everythings is getting really messy now after that I decided to get the rf--62, the dealer is trying to sell me a pair of rf-35 that he says are better than the rf-62 but as what i´ve read here on the forum the synergy f3 is an upgrade of the old RF series and the new rf serie is better than the synergy f3 so that will place the rf-35 on third place after #1 rf-62 #2 F-3

I´m not so in to klipsch so I belivn everything that I read here

would you guys take the rf-62 over the rf-35?

thanks once again for the help

Hi,

I'm sorry I can't help much with this because I've never heard the 35s so I really don't know. I heard the 52s and 62s and noticed a difference in the midrange especially. If the 35s are reference 3, then I understand they will sound much brighter than either of the others. You really must listen to them to decide if you like them - bright speakers can seem very attractive at first but might (I stress might) get tiring after some time. You will keep these babies for some time I imagine so you should take the the advice by jetjockey above. You might also end up using them in a much larger room. If the dealer insists they're better ask him to prove it and set both up - take along your own CD with some bright recordings of stuff like rock music - lots of cymbals etc. Bear in mind rooms have a big effect on sound and they will sound different at home. Maybe you can get them on return ? Anyway, you should trust your ears not a salesman's whispers....he might just be flogging off old stock.