It's all about the Mids and Highs

DarkIrish

At least, for me.

If you could get a speaker with great mid-range and highs, you could always add the bass with a sub. These two dynamics are what matter most to me. Bass from my mains and center was/is always secondary.

I have RF3II's for my mains and the new RC-64 for my center. I don't know if they match perfectly, but with the kids talking most of the time, who can tell. I loved the mids and highs for the 3's and felt they were a great value compared to the 5's for my wallet. I bought the 64 without seeing or hearing it. None of the stores in my area carried the Klipsch speakers I was interested in so, I decided to take the risk since I had owned other Klipsch speakers and enjoyed their characteristics. I haven't been disappointed. It seems buying without trying is the way of lower pricing and the internet. "shrug"

I have questions, but I'll save them for another post.

Jeff

If you're into mids and highs, thats the strongpoint of the LaScala. The Heresey and Cornwall are also top notch in that department. Klipschorn is the total package bass and all. If you are really up for a treat, listen to some Cornwalls or LaScalas. Could be alot more of what you like compared to what you're getting in the reference line.