Speakon, TRS, or XLR ?

Speedball

I'm anxious to get this amp up and running and the guy I bought it from Carl is probably doing important business stuff so I thought why not tap the valuable wealth of knowledge here on the forum.

I have a new/used QSC PLX 1202 with Speakon - TRS - and XLR connections. It will be fed a signal from my Denon Receiver via RCA's.

Which of those three connections will give me the best results and why for my two channel set up ? Input from anyone will be greatly appreciated.

Have a frosty mug on me,

I looked at the tech data for your amp, since I'm in the middle of an RCA to XLR conversion.

The XLR's and TRS on your amp are input connectors.  Your reciever uses RCA for line level outputs.  So the bang for the buck is not there for the short runs in a home setting to buy and install third party black boxes or cables to make the connection.

If you had a pre-amp with XLR outputs, usally that means there are some internal fully balanced circutry as well, and would be the way to go.

Now the speakon vs the binding post are output connections.  Sound quality is the same.  Difference is the conveinence of speakron quick disconnects when your on the road vs tinkering with wires that terminate to binding post.