Receiver Upgraditus

Egil

Hey

I've had a H/K AVR5550 (7x75W) and a H/K DVD25 for quite some time now.

My current speakers are: RF5s (front), RC7 (center), RS25 (surrounds) and Tannoy Mercury MX1 or something (surrounds). DIY Sub

When watching movies, it sounds great. I usually don't get any sharp "SSsssss" at dialogues. And the effects on movies sounds great.

On concerts; Well, I don't know why.. but I never get those sharp "Sssssssssss" there either. I can play them SO LOUD, still it sounds great! (At least most of the time)

And then we have 2 channel music. It sounds wonderful here also, - but not if I turn the volume up HIGH. I often get ear bleeding SSSSss then.

Im just wondering what receiver you guys are using for your Klipsch speakers... and if you are happy with that receiver on your speakers.. and what is your listening habits (as in, do you play music/movies LOUD, or at more moderate volumes).

If I were to upgrade my receiver, I would consider these brands: Denon, Marantz, Rotel, Arcam, H/K. Or some other brand, if you have some great experiences with it.

What sources are providing your 2 channel music

Im wondering the same thing. Are you using a cheap cd or dvd player? I just upgraded my Cd player. I bought a Marantz. I absolutely love my receiver. It's only about 5 months old. I just really set the EQ this weekend. It took about 3 hours to get it where it sounds the best. Does your receiver have a built in EQ? that's adjustable anyway? To answer your question about whether i like my receiver on my speakers. I absolutely love my receiver on my speakers. If you are really going to upgrade your receiver, why not go separates? pre/pro and power amp? That's what I plan on doing when it comes time to upgrade my receiver. And what's your budget??

Im not totally newbie when it comes to different amps. I've tried ; NAD C372, Vincent SV236, Midgard Audio MA 6.1 (2x600W), Rotel (don't remember model number), Electrocompaniet AW70, Mcintosh MC275.. But I don't have any experience when it comes to surround amps. That's why I wanted to hear some opinons on different surround receivers you run on your Klipsch's :)

Anyways, as mentioned in the thread, I guess Im better of waiting until true HDMI is out on all receivers (True DD/DTS etc) - so I will put it on hold for a little longer. :)

PS: My greatest hifi@experience so far, is with the Mcintosh MC275 on some RF7s.. It was simply AMAZING, no matter what music we played, it sounded SO NICE! The mids and heights was simply godlike, - not to mention the 'punch' from the bass.. ! That was my first tube experience btw.. ;) When I get a new receiver in the near future, - I will definately add some seperate power amplifier (tube perhaps) for my mains.. if I have the money for it :P:)