Pre-dated April 9th recommendations

Klipsched with Yamahas

Just in case Thebes is "On The Road Again"........sorry Willie!

I just pulled my 1979 Maxell Samplers; Rock, Classical, and Jazz

Of these, I must say I was most impressed by the Jazz LP that contained several great hits:

Ozone Madness.....Dizzy Gillespie (some interesting background info to be shared next week)

New York State of Mind, and other songs performed by Henry Mancini, Paul Desmond, Chick Corea.

I'll be sure to provide specifics next week, but highly recommended for a Jazz Newbie

For no particular reason mentioning Chick Corea reminded me that I recently found and purchased a 2005 DVD release of

Santana & Shorter Live at the 1988 Monreux Jazz Festival. This is a very nice show with a great band including the likes of Alphonso Johnson (bass), Patrice Rushen (keys), Chester Thompson (keys and organ--B3?--nice!). I know, some folks get tired of Carlos Santana doing the same stuff, but here he is with Wayne Shorter and it's really fantastic.

Not to mention that this is produced in a 96/24 DTS 5.1 version.....unfortunately 4:3 video...but it's from 1988. The filming isn't at all bad....they do a good job of focusing on the musicians without too much razzle/dazzle.

Roger