Rs-35's, use wall bracket?

twisted1272

Question is this: Have the reference 35 series - center, floor, surround. And the surround sit about 8 feet off the ground facing each other about 20 feet apart. Should I mount speakers on a mounting bracket and angle them downward for better sound? They sound pretty good now but didnt know if sound was getting put over our heads.

You DO NOT need to angle the WDST speakers at all, or try to "aim" them in a certain direction. That's what the key holes are for on the back of them. The only recommendation I would make would be to bring them down a little bit. 8' is a little bit high. I have my SS1's at about 6', and they sound awesome. Look in your manual, and it should tell you the max recommended height. I think it's about 7'. But no, you don't need to try to angle them.

You DO NOT need to angle the WDST speakers at all, or try to "aim" them in a certain direction. That's what the key holes are for on the back of them. The only recommendation I would make would be to bring them down a little bit. 8' is a little bit high. I have my SS1's at about 6', and they sound awesome. Look in your manual, and it should tell you the max recommended height. I think it's about 7'. But no, you don't need to try to angle them.

yes grasshopper, you are learning well. 2' above and 2' behind is about right. keep them out of corners, NO aiming necessary.

Bob G told me once 'think of it as providing a 'cloud' of sound- not a laser beam.