I'll get by with a little help from my friends....

It is with great trepidation that write my first post in this forum. (I feel like Wayne and Garth, I'm so not worthy.) But you've helped me out in the past, so here goes.

I've finally gotten some decent electronics to power my Heresy based home theater setup. (Rotel RSP-976 and matching Rotel RB-976) They improved the sound immensely, but brought up one major flaw -- my center channel. I've decided to create my own, and have acquired a K-77 and K-55. I plan to use Dayton paper cone woofers. Someone said they made the original Klipsch woofers and I figure that while they won't keep up on volume, they'll at least have a similar "coloration". (At least I hope so).

What I need is a Heresy Type E network. Anyone have one laying around that they are willing to sell for a reasonable price? (I originally planned to "roll my own", but after reading countless threads on the subject, I realized I need to throughly digest "Crossovers for Dummies" before any such attempts.) In fact, once I get the center channel built, I plan to replace the caps on my '77 Heresy's with the kit offered by Bob Crites.

Any comments, thoughts or suggestions would greatly appreciated.

Dayton most certainly didn't build the original Klipsch woofers....I think Eminence is the company that you're thinking about.

Have you run any T/S parameters on the woofers you plan to use? You need to make sure you go with a cabinet that will timbre match your Heresy mains.

Dayton most certainly didn't build the original Klipsch woofers....I think Eminence is the company that you're thinking about.

Have you run any T/S parameters on the woofers you plan to use? You need to make sure you go with a cabinet that will timbre match your Heresy mains.

I read about the Daytons somewhere in these forums. Thanks for the correct information. I'm not 100% sold on any particular woofer. Most sights, such as partsexpress and madisound have the T/S parameters listed. I've been plugging them into WinISD. I know I can't get an exact match, but as long as they are not completely "wrong" I should be ok (I hope!).

I have to say that you guys in this forum are awesome. Some of the projects are incredible and the amount of knowledge...well, words fail me. Anyway, I've caught the disease. And I don't mind at all.

Thanks to mungkiman, I'll have my crossover network. And big thanks to Dr. Who...I've now found some woofers by Eminence that will fit both my box size and my budget. I should be back in a couple of weeks with some pictures of the completed center channel.

Just one more question... Do you think I can get one of those old style PWK emblems from Klipsch for my grill?

Silver or Gold? I have read of forum members still able to buy them
from Klipsch. I don't know for sure if they are a new "throwback" that
was on more recent models, or the real deal. Some years back, forum
members molded and manufactured a fairly decent run of "counterfeit"
badges, when they weren't available through Klipsch. Hopefully someone will speak up and help.

Best of luck with your projects!

Chris