ATI at1056 6 channels power amp

boston_klipsch

So the Outlaw and the ATI amp are similar or are they the same company

Just want to get an opinion(s) before I buy this Amp

Because i've had Adcom , Carver , and Marantz and also Yamaha ...... They all did not sounded good at all with the RF-7 setup ....

Any info would be greatly appriciated

thanks

I bought mine last year. At that time, over at the Outlaw forum, someone posted pics ( interior & exterior ) of the 7500 & the ati 2005, if that model # is right, I can't remember. They looked the same. They said both were made in the same factory in Washington, I believe, course that doesn't mean they are necessarily identicle. You might want to search that forum.

I am in the market fo an amp as well. Check my recebt post titled "Pending Outlaw Amp" or similiar.

Anyway, I did see pictures of the ATI (at the ATI web site) and the insides look identical.

HOWEVER, the ATI is rated stable to 4 ohm. The Outlaw 7200 and 7700 are both stable to 2 ohm. Many responses to RF7 questions state that the RF7 does go down to aroud 2.6 ohm, if I remember correctly.

So, while the ATI looks great, and you could even get a 300 x 7 watt amp from them, I am going with the Outlaw 7700. And yes, the Outlaw 7700 is less cash.

thanks guys

But i just had a talk to one of the co_founder of ATI

and he told me that ATI and Outlaw hboth have almost identical design

Anyhow the ATI 1506 that i'm trying to get is not new , And i'm getting a good price on this amp (I think)

anyhow here is what i have for my HT setup

Rotel - 1056 receiver

RF-7 5.1 setup

RSW-12

just wanted to get more power for the 2 fronts and the center channels

with this amp it can be bridged to 3 channels @ 450 WPC

or 6 channels @ 150WPC

Do you guys think @450 WPC will it damage my speakers

Don't turn the volume so high that the sound distorts & sounds bad. At this point the amp runs out of power & clips. That's a very simple explanation.

With as much power as your amp will have, I would think you would be ran out of the room from high volume before you have any problem.