Churchill by Harman Kardon SR1000 - anyone know anything about this amp?

dkalsi

Hi guys,

Earlier this week I was asking about the Scott299 - that was SOLD!... However, the seller has contacted me offering the Harman Kardon Churchill SR1000 "Stereophonic Hi-Fi Receiver" - for $175. He claims its a excellent tube receiver for efficient speakers such as the Khorns and uses the uses 6v6GT tubes.

Can anyone share their opinion on this?

For an additional 100 - he will also include Dual - 1229 with United Audio base which opens up and includes stacking spindle
and 45 insert+taller more desirable smoked dustcover + spare headshell and the original Shure M91 cartridge with
new stylus.

Never heard of nor have I seen a Harmon Kardon SR1000.

I have a little HK 6V6 integrated--nice little 10 watt amp. Nothing to write home about.

$175 seems like a lot of money for this one.

You should buy something already "done"-- NOS Valves rebuilt Scott 299s seem to turn up around here ready to go in the $500 range all the time.

Thanks Allan,
I will definately contact NOSval to see if they have any available. I was just thinking if buying one off from e-bay and sending it over but have no clue how much it costs to have one rebuilt. I just didnt want to buy one too expensive and then pay another couple hundred bucks to have it rebuilt.

Lastly I was reading a sixmoon article about the Fisher 400. I have someone selling that for $415 in absolutely mint if not new condition with all updates by the Fisher Doctor. I've not read much about the Fisher on the forums here, but I do not know how it compares to the Scott.